Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

A satisfying sound....

I picked up my 'Dollar Tin' today and was very pleased to feel a bit of weight in it....and I must say the sound of  the 17 dollar coins rattling around brought an instant smile to my face.


I am hoping that my fingernails are better by July....because a nice set of nails is in order. I have found a place that uses the 'Creative' line of products.....(I would like to think that my doing this some way helps my dear friend Sharon). It has been YEARS since I have had acrylic nails or the like. Sooo my  6 month celebration is hopefully going to include it.

I am also going to go for a new hairstyle....cut, color the works.

There is nothing like a makeover to make you feel great. Especially since it has been what seems like a MILLION YEARS since you did it last.

I have missed wanting to pamper myself.....it is sad to think I lost sight of it for so long. But my priorities shifted....I mean yesterday, I was driving out to Mitre 10, I thought about how I used to base my day around my alcohol consumption. I would have to make sure I did any driving (shopping, doctor, etc) in the morning before lunchtime. Unless I was at work, lunch always included my first glass of wine for the day....which led to the next and the next....until the remainder of the waking day was a trail of sips leading to an uncomfortable sleep....and the next morning where the whole scenario would start again.

'Stuck in a Rut' comes to mind....haha...except I climbed into the rut....dug down into the bottom of it....rolled around in the sludge that lined it till I was almost invisible, even to myself....and let myself fester away trying to dodge the debris that fell into the rut on top of me.

One month ago I started piling up the shit that had ended up surrounding me....I looked at it, studied it....and decided to use it as a way of escape from the miserable existence in my rut. I scrabbled over it all until I could see the horizon again.....and I have to say.....what a beautiful view.

No comments: