Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2011

$4.00 in the jar so far....

I have a large jar....which has $4 in it...each dollar represents a day with no alcohol. Each time I reach 6 months sobriety...I am allowed to spend the money on pampering myself. A facial, new haircut, manicure (if my damn fingernails ever recover), you know girlie stuff.


Oh I have planned rewards for myself....at the end of each month I win a prize....the first month is a water purifier thingy. The only stipulation of each prize is that it is affordable, healthy, and good for my body, mind and spirit. Hmm maybe I could make a boardgame out of this LOLLLLLLL.

Anyhoo....to recap yesterday...great day all round. I am savouring every time I notice myself smiling and every time I have a positive thought. I suppose it is like the old saying " stop and smell the roses". I am acknowledging the change in my attitude and perception of my life, in incremental steps. I find it hard to put into words the shift in my brain...but hell...why look a gift horse in the mouth??? I am just going to enjoy it.

No comments: