Search This Blog

Saturday, July 2, 2016

19 Days....rewards are sweet

Yesterday was the first day I actually felt like a nice glass of chardonnay. I went through the 'process' as I call it. The thought process that is...

"Jeez I really would enjoy a glass of wine, just one."
"I know I would be satisfied with just one glass"
"I am going to meet Sandra at the Caledonian Hotel at 1, I could just buy a glass"
"One drink there wouldn't be that bad, I mean it's better than buying a bottle and bringing it home."
"But then I would have to sip it in front of her, and she knows I am off it."
"That would mean I would have to try and justify it, and start making pathetic excuses, which in turn would make me feel terrible."
"I know I am feeling this way because it is Friday and I will probably wake tomorrow morning with voice mails or texts from my ex partner, because he in fact will be drunk and despite me telling him not to contact me, I know he will."
"I know that if I do have one glass at the pub at lunchtime, I will then face an afternoon of thinking well that one drink didn't hurt, why not just buy one bottle."
"I need to think of positive things to stay on track."
"I'm starting to notice my clothes are less tight, yes this is good."
"I am looking forward to meeting her, and chatting."
"I love the cakes they have at the 'Cally, why don't I spoil myself with a chunk of something chocolate and hugely decadent, and a cappuccino...I haven't had a cappuccino for ages and I love coffee."
"I'm not overly hungry so I could just have the cake and coffee and it would be sort of naughty but good."
"Yes, that is what I will do."

 And so, when I arrived and sat down, I told her about my 'glass of wine' urge and why I felt it, and then, we both ordered coffee and cake and enjoyed a leisurely two hours of girlie chatting.

Was great, and I feel hugely satisfied with the whole day.


No comments: