Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2016

96 DAYS.......and have not weakened even when faced with adversity!!!

Well...what a testing few weeks since my last post.

I have had someone close to me attempt suicide, then a local person, who although I didn't personally know him, I am close friends with one of his workmates, he sadly did commit suicide. It pained me so much to see how devastated she was, even more when I consider my own history and fortunate failed attempts of my own.

I wasn't ready for the subsequent trigger effect it was to have on me learning of these two events, not that I started having dark thoughts of my own, but it did drag me down into a mild depressive state for about 10 days. Fortunately, over the past 14 years since my diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder, and learning how to successfully live with it, I managed to ride it out and rise once again to a 'normal' level of functioning.

Now during this time, I wanted a drink. I wanted it bad. But I DID NOT succumb. YAYYYY MEEEEE!!

This win over my addiction has spurred me on to believe in myself in a way I never ever have before. I finally truly believe that I deserve goodness. I accept that I have totally fucked up many many times, but then hey, who hasn't?

Soooo, here I am nearing the 100 day mark....and its looking easy :)


No comments: