Search This Blog

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Brushes the dust and cobwebs off...

The title is in reference to my lack of posts in the past few weeks. Lots of stuff happening and my brain wasn't ready to be utilised in a blogging manner.


Well I had a slip...which is why I initially stopped...and it has taken till now for me to confess LOLLLLLLL.

Twas just a lil one.....and it rectified itself within 4 hours which resulted in only 5 alcholic drinks....and was followed by a return to diet coke....AND definite proof that drinking to relieve stress and anxiety is totally pointless.

It is funny really, because I had envisioned my first slip to involve drinking to the point of passing out....but instead it only exacerbated my bad mood and made me feel worse....so i stopped.

Anyway....this was followed by me getting a cold...which felt like the flu....which ended up being pneumonia and I had a 4 day stay in Hospital. Xrays have revealled Emphasyma sooooooo on the 20th of July I will be starting a course of 'Champix' tablets. The stopping of smoking has been brought forward dramatically....and is only delayed till July because I have to make sure I have all of the current medication out of my system and am well.

Now.....ON TOP of all that......the friendship I have developed with the bloke has moved into a 'relationship'!!!

So here I am....reeling somewhat from the past months developments.

However....I am happy to report in summary....that my deviation from the road to sobriety was a mere footstep off the verge....and I have no immediate plans to stray off course again.

No comments: